The season of JOY.
A lot of efforts, energy spent and stress… but in the end, only the small things matters. It’s more important to create moments and keep the traditions.
Some steps to have the Christmas spirit:
1. Help around your mom to do the baking. Small talk in the kitchen is very important in creating a family moment.Even if you are not living with your parents anymore, it’s important to see them.
2. Preparing and HIDING presents. I was the little sister who used to search her present in every corner of the house. I was an adventure!
A small tip: create a budget and try to find as many gifts at the same price, or buy presents that are starting only with the letter L, M, or C. It can be the initials of the person you are buying for.
3. Do not forget to send Christmas cards! I always prefer a postcard than an ordinary message on facebook. Get in touch with your friends. No Christmas is complete without the ones you love and care about.
4. Listen to Christmas carols at least one week before the big night. LISTEN while you are decorating, cooking, wrapping up gifts.
5. Prepare a small reunion with your best friends and play the Secret Santa game. It’s a good occasion to be inventive and decorate your dinner table with small and cute Christmas sets. The hot wine with a little bit of cinnamon, orange and laurel is irreplaceable. Laugh as much as you can!
6.SMILE TO EVERYTHING AND ANYTHING. A good smile can worm a cold hart. Be generous, give and share.
7. Watch How the GRINCH stole the Christmas, even it’s for the 5th time or even more. Do not forget about Tom and Jerry, The Christmas Edition, or any other Disney, Pixar, DreamWorks, cartoons.
A small list:
A Christmas Story, The Polar Express, How The Grinch Stole Christmas, A Christmas Carol, It’s A Wonderful Life, Miracle on 34th Street, The Santa Clause, Home Alone, Frosty the Snowman, and Rudolf the Red-nosed Reindeer, The Bells of St.Mary., Mickey’s Once/Twice Upon a Christmas, White Christmas,The Family Stone and why not Love Actually.
8. Create a personal list with the thing you want to accomplish next year.
9. Go out skating, snowboarding and try all the winter games. It’s a real fun especially when you feel how your jeans are getting small icicles.
10. Family is the most important. You are preparing everything for them so you goal is to make them feel cozy, loved and caressed. Create moments, keep the old traditions and but also invent new ones only for your loved ones.
HO HO HOO, Have a happy, happy Christmas!